A warming, healthy and seasonal recipe for these cold winter days.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 dessertspoons of coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 dessertspoons of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 and half teaspoons of ground turmeric or one teaspoon of fresh turmeric root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 kg of pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- juice of 1 orange
- small cup of coconut milk or cream
We recommend using organic ingredients.
Heat the oil, add the onion and cook until soft. Add the pumpkin, the spices, and salt to taste. Cook until the pumpkin starts to turn a nice golden colour. Add the orange juice, and enough water to cover the ingredients. Cook on a medium heat for 40 minutes, then blend. Serve hot with a decorative dash of coconut milk or cream.